Saturday, July 5, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Paper Kite Creations


My name is Shalane and my Etsy shop is Paper Kite Creations.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
April 2013

What is the story behind your business name?
It was inspired by a butterfly (Paper Kite) that originates in Southeast Asia. The symbolism of the butterfly being around growth, change and freedom is similar to my process of an artist. It also doesn't hurt that I really love butterflies!

What do you sell?
I sell one of a kind jewellery and jewellery-related products. I handcraft each piece to be as individual as the person that will one day wear them. I believe it is incredibly important for each of us to accept who we are and stop trying to be something we are not - I hope that my pieces of jewellery inspire women to do just that. It is that belief that helped form my tagline of "Be True. Be You."

How did you get into your craft?
I have been making jewellery since I was about 7 or 8 and ironically chose to start off with seed beads as my preference -- the big pony beads bored me I guess! I used to actually sell my work when I was a child in school - beaded geckos were all the rage back then and I happened to know hot to make them. Since then my art has developed and changed over the years, giving me a love of painting, photography, sewing and crocheting. Paper Kite Creations has brought me around full circle to be working primarily with jewellery again.

Anything else you would like to share?
I hope you enjoy my work! I also love to do custom work, so please get in touch so we can chat about your ideas! If you want to connect with me outside of Etsy, check out:
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/PaperKiteCreations
Twitter: @paperkitecreate
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/PaperKiteCreate
Google+: Paper Kite Creations

No comments:

Post a Comment