Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The making of dog toys...

It all started with the Sick and Injured Feral dog pack in East Texas. I ran across the group on Facebook and wanted to make them some dog toys. So I put my thinking cap on and came up with a dog toy that looked like a taco. The dog pack really loved them but I had no one else to give them to so I just put the idea on the back burner.
Well then the Lyme diagnosis came and hubby dared me to open an Etsy shop. So I decided to make dog toys again but I wanted to do something that would let the tennis ball move more so I decided to make them in the shape of a star. They went from looking like tacos...
To looking like stars...
I started trying to come up with something that would hold up for dogs that were rough on toys and I finally decided to use 100% Wool and then felt it. I made one and sent it off to my friend Carey and she tested it on her 4 dogs running from small to a lab. 

This is her review and a picture of her service dog Chloe enjoy their new toy...
"I will admit when you first said that you made crocheted dog toys I was a little skeptical as to how durable could they be. Let me tell you that I have 4 dogs....a 90 lb lab, a 65 lb labradoodle, a shoe sized yorkie-poo, and a 7 week old Australian Shepard/ Blue Heeler mix puppy ....3 of the 4 are very hard on toys and are big time chewers....they have been passing it around, chewing on it, playing tug a war and keep away with it and have yet to make it look anything less then brand new. I am very impressed."
I now make the wool dog toys in single, double and triple stranded. Next on my agenda... CAT TOYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment