Sunday, December 22, 2013

Today's featured Etsy shop... Paper From Heaven

My name is Katie and my Etsy shop is Paper From Heaven.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
August 2009

What is the story behind your business name?
It all started with a bakery named "Heaven Baked Sweets", and then I started sewing.....and I'm still sewing. My shop has transitioned from paper products (hence the name) to cloth diaper covers, to what it is today {organizers for crayons and pencils}. Because honestly, we all need a little cute in our lives. And as a mom, I really hate when the inside of my purse is filled with loose crayons coloring all over everything. We as adults have organizers for the important things in our lives, why shouldn't our kiddos too???

What do you sell?
Crayon Rolls. I loved the idea of crayon rolls for the kiddos, but I wanted to make them different and more versatile for different types of crayons. I came up with the design on a larger pocket in 2011. I love the design and that it gives customers the ability to have their crayon needs grow with their kiddos!

How did you get into your craft? 
I grew up watching my mom sew, for fun and for money. Honestly, I despised it. I wore handmade clothes for years and hated it. I never took the opportunity to learn from my mom. After my mom moved across the country I realized the importance of handmade and sewing. Thanks to the internet I basically taught myself what I know today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment