Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Today's featured Etsy shop... Style Studio at 413 Honeysuckle Rd.

My name is Cici, and my business is named Style Studio at 413 Honeysuckle Rd.

When did you start your Etsy shop? 

June, 2013

What is the story behind your business name? 

The name of my shop is a way a pay homage to my childhood home. The street # for our house was 413. Behind our house, there were several honeysuckle bushes. I love honeysuckles: the way they look, the scent, and the taste of the nectar. One of my favorite activities as a child was to suck the nectar out of the flowers. Although the name of the street I grew up on was NOT called Honeysuckle Rd, whenever I say "Style Studio at 413 Honeysuckle Rd" I picture that house with the honeysuckles behind it.

What do you sell?

Accessories -- bracelets, scarves and barrettes -- made from t-shirt fabric. . 

How did you get into your craft? 

I've always had a creative spirit, whether it's writing or making something. I made a bracelet for my sister for Christmas, 2012. When my mother saw it, she suggested I try selling them. So I began researching other items I could make with t-shirt fabric. I wanted to use as many materials as I could that were upcycled, since I'm a budding environmentalist. 

Anything else you would like to share? 

When I finish making an item, I get a little bit of a zen feeling. It's like a gift to myself when I see how well an item turns out.





No comments:

Post a Comment