Thursday, April 24, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Jennifer Ladd

My name is Jennifer and my Etsy shop is Jennifer Ladd.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
I started my shop in 2007, shortly after I came home with my first daughter.

What is the story behind your business name?
I had a whole list of fun names to choose from, but I eventually decided to stick with my own name.  When I started my shop, the "handmade movement" was just getting started and was not too wide-spread.  I wanted to use my name to make sure my customers understood that their products were made by me and me alone!  

What do you sell?
I sell handmade bags, purses, and baby items.

How did you get into your craft? 

I have been sewing since I was a very young girl.  I started selling my work when my daughter was a baby because it gave me a creative outlet (a little break from Sesame Street and baby toys!).

Anything else you would like to share?
In addition to working on my shop, I also keep busy with my 2 beautiful daughters.  My oldest daughter is from Vietnam, and my youngest is from Ethiopia.  I am starting to teach them to sew, as well, so now I have new partners in my work room!







No comments:

Post a Comment