Thursday, April 17, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Sew Down Home

My name is Jeannie and my Etsy shop is Sew Down Home.


When did you start your Etsy shop?
March 31, 2013 My Mother's birthday

What is the story behind your business name?
I really want to convey the comfortableness (if that is a word LOL!) of the items in my shop. While I hand make nice things, they are simple, honest, homey pieces. Hence, Sew Down Home.

What do you sell?
I try to focus on two areas: items for home and items for people.

The home pieces I offer are: bowl fillers, garland/banners, pillows, hoop art, greetings cards - some are cross stitch. I will be adding kitchen towel and potholder sets as soon as I get the prototypes under my belt.

The people pieces I offer are: gift items for teachers, and clothing and room decor for babies and toddlers.

How did you get into your craft? 
I knew I wanted to become a small business owner after I retired from teaching to add a whole other chapter to my life! Embroidery is my first love as a craft so offering handmade pieces seemed the best way to go. I soon realized that I also wanted to include other types of sewing into my shop. I love to learn and have learned several new techniques to sewing since I opened my shop. I believe all the new things I've learned have helped both me and my shop to stay fresh and up to date.

Anything else you would like to share?

I take my shop seriously as a business. All aspects of owning my own shop give me such joy, and I hope my customers sense this as they browse. I love creating, researching, working with other shop owners on Etsy and more.








No comments:

Post a Comment