Thursday, April 10, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Alpo Arts

My name is Alan and my Etsy shop is Alpo Arts

When did you start your Etsy shop?
September 30, 2012

What is the story behind your business name?
Alpo is a a contraction of my first and last names. It was a nick name I had from high school and it has stuck with me every since.

What do you sell?
I sell my drawings, photography, and photo mattes.

How did you get into your craft? 
I was working with children on art projects and discovered interesting things appearing on my paper. I immersed myself into drawing and soon people were asking me to do drawings for them. That soon led to opening my Etsy shop.

I wanted to add more color to my shop so I started to learn photography. Now I have two creative obsessions!

Anything else you would like to share?
My favorite part of creating art is the effect it has on people. When they are drawn into a piece of art they forget about everything else. They are experiencing the joy of imagination like when they were a kid.







No comments:

Post a Comment