Saturday, April 19, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Bohemian River

My name is Megan and I am the owner of Bohemian River. I started my shop in the beginning of January, 2014. I have a chocolate lab named River who lives up to his name; he absolutely loves water! 

When I take him to the park or the beach, I always see small dogs with cute little accessories… but it’s rare to see large dogs, like River who is 109 lbs, with these adorable accessories. I pulled my sewing machine out of storage and cleaned the two years worth of dust off of it and quickly began my experiment. After a few months I decided to take the plunge and I opened my shop. Bohemain River was named after my lab and his overall free spirit….dogs overall free spirit for that matter! 

Opening my Etsy shop was probably the most nerve wracking thing I have ever done. Luckily, I have found a balance between my full time job (I am a high school English teacher) and my love for crafting and selling my items on Etsy. I find thrill in the challenge of making new things and the joy I get out of seeing adorable pooches with their accessories is priceless! The accessories for dogs include: bow ties, neck ties and collar covers. These are all custom made to order. I also sell some accessories for humans, too!








No comments:

Post a Comment