Friday, January 31, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Happy Squid Muffin

My name is Alicia and my Etsy shop is Happy Squid Muffin.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
November 16th, 2010

What is the story behind your business name?
I knew I wanted something quirky, that would stand out and make people smile. I searched different names on Etsy to see what was available and played around with some words I liked. HappySquidMuffin had just the right sound to it, and I'm glad I stuck with it!

What do you sell?
Cute crocheted animal plushies and finger puppets, and polymer clay charms and figurines.

How did you get into your craft? 
My best friend inspired me to begin working with polymer clay, and I loved it! She was on Etsy, and convinced me to try to sell my work here as well. Originally my shop was mostly clay charms and figurines, but then I started to include crocheted plushies and now that's my main focus. My grandma taught me how to crochet when I was 12. 

Anything else you would like to share?
I just love the amazing opportunity of Etsy - it has turned my insatiable desire to create things into a great small business. I hope someday it will become my full-time job.



No comments:

Post a Comment