Thursday, January 30, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Katy Rose Photography

My name is Katy and my Etsy shop is Katy Rose Photography.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
I started my Etsy shop in December 2008 when I first began my business journey. It took a while for me to get things set as I was working full-time, going to school full-time and was trying to figure out how to start a business! It wasn't until this year that I got really serious and finally made the move to transition into photography full-time.

What is the story behind your business name?
My business name is my first & middle name :) My dad used to always introduce me to people using both, although I usually just go by Katy! When I was deciding on a business name, I figured I should just keep it simple.

What do you sell?
I sell fine art photography prints of nature and landscapes mostly, but I also have greeting cards and the occasional charcoal drawing.  

How did you get into your craft?
I've always had a passion for all things artistic.. But I discovered my love for photography after changing majors twice in college. I started on my third major (graphic design), took my first photography class and never looked back! My niche didn't come about until I photographed my first family.. Then newborn.. Then birth.. After that I knew that was what I needed to focus on. My Etsy shop is more of a branch off of my main business (which is portrait photography specializing in maternity, birth, newborn and family portraiture.) I find beauty everywhere and just want to share it with the world!

Anything else you would like to share?
Simply that I hope you enjoy my Etsy shop! Also check out my website at www.katyrosephotography.com and remember that I DO travel for portrait photography! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment