Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Pressing Needs

My name is Suzanne and my Etsy shop is Pressing Needs

When did you start your Etsy shop? 
April 2011

What is the story behind your business name? 
I can't resist a play on words. I started carving blocks and making prints one Christmas when I was too short of cash to buy presents, hence the name. Since then, it's been part of my plan to get the critters to help pay for their own upkeep.

What do you sell? 
Hand-pulled prints, mostly block prints

How did you get into your craft?
Desperation - I needed to make Christmas gifts with what I had on hand. I'd played with various printing techniques as a kid, and it seemed like a promising thing to try. When I showed the prints to friends, they started asking about buying some, and I was happy to oblige. I already had an Etsy shop for vintage patterns, so it just made sense to offer the prints on Etsy as well.

1 comment: