Sunday, January 26, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Marie and Antoinette Bridal

My name is Nina and my Etsy shop is Marie and Antoinette Bridal.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
We started our shop nearly two years ago.

What is the story behind your business name?
The name Marie and Antoinette came from my middle name and my daughters middle name because we started the shop together. It was also a play on Marie Antoinette. Marie has been a name passed down from women in our family for generations so it just all tied together. Now that my daughter is pursuing other interests its just me but my sister, who loves making jewelry will be working with me soon.

What do you sell?
We sell handmade custom bridal accessories such as headpieces, bridal sashes, fabric bouquets, wedding card boxes, and jewelry. 

How did you get into your craft? 
I got into this because I just love weddings. I'm a "Say yes to the dress" and David Tutera addict. Being a designer was always a dream of mine since I was a kid but I chose accounting instead. That designing urge in me never went away. I've always made things over the years but never got the idea to do it as a business until my daughter put the idea into my head. Now I love what I do and I am honored to know that something I made was a part of someones special day.



No comments:

Post a Comment