Monday, January 13, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... People Are Fish Too

My name is Sophie and my Etsy shop is People Are Fish Too

When did you start your Etsy shop? 
I opened a few months ago and have only just started listing properly. I have big plans for 2014 though! 

What is the story behind your business name? 
PEOPLE ARE FISH TOO comes from the idea that all life is equal, we're all connected on some divine level and the only thing that separates a human from an animal is the body. Look beyond this and we're all the same.

What do you sell? 
I sell illustrations inspired by the ethereal, spirituality and divinity. I'm also planning on adding some vegan inspired illustrations in the new year with a positive energy to them. I believe art has a social function and I'm a big believer in revolution and change and would like my art to question the 'norm' and be small part of changing the world in a positive way. 

How did you get into your craft?
I have always been an artist. Even from being in primary school if we had to choose an activity I would always choose painting. With art anything is possible. We can create anything that we're able to imagine and in that there are infinite possibilities. This is what excites me about creativity. Endless possibility. Art is like having a conversation with God. It's expressing that eternal presence inside of us. It's believing in the impossible. 

Anything else you would like to share?
Anything else you would like to share?
You can find my blogs here! 
pippadreamsfashion.blogspot.co.uk/
sophieametcalfeart.tumblr.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment