Sunday, March 9, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Donna Designed

My name is Donna and my Etsy shop is Donna Designed

When did you start your Etsy shop?
September 2012

What is the story behind your business name?
I sell mostly 18 inch doll clothes but I wanted to be able to sell any other item that I craft so I chose a name that doesn't specify any item. My daughter suggested a name with the same letter at the beginning of each word or rhyming words, and using my name, thinking that that would make the name easier to remember. It was harder than it sounded. Very little rhymes with Donna. When I began looking for names, so many had already been taken. Donna Designed fit the bill and had not been taken so that is what I went with.

What do you sell?
Mainly I sell doll clothes but I also have some cross stitched items, purses, wristlets, hair accessories, vintage items including books and patterns and two styles of shoes that my granddaughter paints.

How did you get into your craft? 
I have been sewing since I was about 12, starting with making my own skirts. Mom taught me to sew. I made my clothes when in jr. high and high school, my wedding gown, clothes for my kids, Barbie doll clothes and then when one granddaughter got an American Girl doll, I made lots of clothes for her doll. I even made a wedding dress for her doll using the train of my wedding dress. That was the beginning of the American Girl doll size clothes. I love making them. I taught myself how to cross stitch. It is another thing that I love doing. I find it very relaxing.

Anything else you would like to share?
I love selling on Etsy. I love the interaction with other sellers who are so helpful. I have gotten to know several, not in person, but to know their heart. And I love interacting with customers here. So far all my experiences have been positive and a pleasure.

I am open to custom orders. Lately I have been getting several. If I am able to do what you ask, in the time frame that you ask, I usually will accept a custom order. I hope you enjoy looking at my shop. My goal is to have happy customers.
Click here to visit

No comments:

Post a Comment