Friday, March 14, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Squid Inc. Print Labs

My name is Vincent and my Etsy shop is Squid Inc. Print Labs.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
2012

What is the story behind your business name?
I went through a phase where I loved giant squid, and they were being discovered in the flesh in the late 2000's. That, and my love of silly puns, is how I came up with the name.


What do you sell?
I like stenciling and silk screening, and I like designing things, so I sell mostly men's and women's shirts that I've printed on. Some times I sell prints of art work that I've created.

How did you get into your craft? 
I've been getting into my craft ever since I could appreciate how cool printed t shirts are. I started doing heat transfers of pinball back glasses and decorations onto t shirts as gifts for my family. Then I wanted to step up my game and the quality of my prints. 

Given the expense of a DIY silk screen operation, I opted to step-it-up by moving into stenciling instead, and then slowly, I got into screen printing and now can produce simple one color designs in my spare time.

Anything else you would like to share?
I'm in the middle of producing new designs, and I've begun ordering my garments wholesale through American Apparel. You can look forward to seeing more consistency in style, and size runs of particular styles will be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment