Sunday, March 16, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Road Ahead Photos

My name is Kim and my Etsy shop is Road Ahead Photos.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
January 2012

What is the story behind your business name?
I wanted the name of my shop to reflect who I was. I look at my life as a journey. I have been through four job lay offs and moved multiple times. None of these things were easy. But through each trial God opened a door somewhere else . .He moved me on down the road and I bravely stepped out and continued on because I knew what God had ahead for me was good. Even through the rough times . .you never know what you may find in the road ahead. Road Ahead Photos was born eight months after my school closed and I once again found myself without a job. It gave me a chance to focus on my photography . .which I dearly love, and gave me a creative outlet as I once again stepped out in faith to travel down that road . . .

What do you sell?
I am a photographer and I currently sell my matted photos in 5 x 7 and 8 x 10 sizes. I also sell photo cards, Artist Trading Cards and a wide variety of handmade photo products such as journals and wooden photo boxes. I also do custom order photos on canvas.

How did you get into your craft? 
I have loved photography since I was old enough to hold a camera! I have spent much of my life working in Christian camping or teaching in a classroom and I was always snapping photos of everything . . . I wanted to be able to look back on my memories. My major in college was in English but I took so many photography classes as electives that I almost had a minor in it ;) I also taught dark room photography classes at camp for many years and my camera soon became a part of me . . . 

Anything else you would like to share?
I currently live in New Mexico and love exploring the desert and taking pictures of the Southwest architecture but I am also a Southern California girl born and raised . . . .so I also have a special love for the ocean. I love taking landscape photos and could spend all day at classic car shows taking unusual angle shots of classic cars.

My shop verse is this . .

Jeremiah 29:11 "for I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

These are the words I hold on to each day. For even when things get so out of control and we wonder if we can make it another day . . .we need to hold on to the fact that God's plan is ALWAYS perfect and despite the current boulders on our path, God has a wonderful future in store for us!

4 comments: