Thursday, March 27, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... The Hippie Bohemian

My name is Kris and my Etsy shop is The Hippie Bohemian.

When did you start your Etsy shop?

July 21, 2012

What is the story behind your business name?

I originally started a team on Etsy with this name and I was immediately sorry I hadn't thought of that name for my shop. It just fit so well - it felt right. So I changed the name of the team and renamed my shop.

What do you sell?

I sell personally designed and hand crafted bohemian and hippie jewelry. Much of my jewelry is made using all natural materials including seeds, nuts, bone etc. I also have a signature line of replica jewelry called ROCKwear. These are replications of jewelry worn by rock 'n roll greats of the 60's and 70's including Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Robert Plant and more.

How did you get into your craft? 

Trial and error. I love the look and feel of beads and I wanted to make jewelry that I could wear that would fit my bohemian style. It grew from there.

Anything else you would like to share?

I have always been a free spirit, drawn to the hippie bohemian lifestyle, fashion and design. I am a self taught artist and I've made this my full time job. I strive to live a creative life, seeking inspiration through music I love and in my ever changing surroundings. I put everything I have into each detail of every piece because I believe that creating something beautifully unique is an uplifting experience for my customer. I believe that handmade jewelry is collaborative; connecting the maker with the person who chooses the piece that directly speaks to them. Designing jewelry is similar to embarking on an exciting journey; gathering quality materials, playing with color combinations, introducing various textures and then bringing the pieces together precisely and carefully so that in the end you are presented with a piece of art with which you are immediately smitten.







No comments:

Post a Comment