Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... In HIS Hands Art

My name is Abbey and my Etsy shop is In HIS Hands Art.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
I started listing items in Oct 2012. 

What is the story behind your business name?
I do mime, professionally, and the name is "In HIS Hands", so it was a natural segue to add "art" for my shop name. The phrase comes from the Bible, in a story comparing God to the potter, and us humans to the clay- we are in His hands, and can allow or refuse to let God mold and make us into the shape and purpose He has called us to be. (Jeremiah 18:6, Isaiah 64:8)

What do you sell?
Pottery, watercolor paintings, drawings, custom hand-lettered calligraphy, and note cards made from my art.

How did you get into your craft? 
I was an art education major in college, and took many interesting courses, including pottery and calligraphy. About 15 years ago, I started taking classes in art again, and got back into the creative process.

Anything else you would like to share?
I've been blessed with an awareness and appreciation of beauty. Beauty in the natural world, beauty in shapes and forms and colors, beauty in people. To me creating art is participating in it!

We all have something to say. Those who have found their voice, regardless of the medium, know the deep pleasure in creating. I'm blessed to be able to create in a number of forms- pottery, painting, mime, acting, and clowning. Creating is fun and joyful and scary and makes you vulnerable. You expose what's really you!






No comments:

Post a Comment