Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Sue Forey Fibre Art

11 years ago my family and I decided to make our dream come true and move to rural Wales to run a small holding. I have always worked with textiles but being surrounded by so many sheep compelled me to experiment with wet felt making. I soon became fascinated by this ancient and almost magical process and discovered that it is possible to use the fibres to make pictures which resemble paintings as well as for making hats and bags.

I have been selling my work locally through shops, galleries and at craft fairs for several years but decided to open an etsy shop to widen my audience. Etsy is the ideal market place for me as living in an isolated village as well as having dogs, sheep, pigs, poultry and a vegetable garden to care for makes working regular hours out of the question. I find that fitting everything in makes for a very long but interesting and varied day.

My 3 adult daughters say that I am sometimes embarrassing, often eccentric but never boring. I hope this is reflected in my work!
Click here to visit

No comments:

Post a Comment