Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Kari Katzi

My name is Karina and my Etsy shop is Kari Katzi.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
2008, but I took a few years off in between for 2 cute kiddos, now my youngest is 2 and the eldest is in school. I'm finally getting more time to get back to crafting & creating.

What is the story behind your business name?
I don't know if you'd call it a story per say, but I've been calling my crafty alter-ego KariKatzi since I was a teen. I kinda like to think of KariKatzi as a crafty ninja-super hero-McGuyver type only instead of wire and duct tape, it's yarn and washi tape.

What do you sell?
Whatever is currently tickling my imagination! Knitted and needle felted kritters, purses, note cards, ornaments, recycled paper goodies, jewelry, feather hair pieces, recycled crayons, night lights you name it. Plus whatever else I've been commissioned to make from marzipan frogs to 3-tier rainbow wedding cakes!

I'm pretty sure I have some form of crafters ADHD. Hee hee.
As for future projects... The gourds have started calling to me again so I see more Gnome Home night lights coming in the future.

I have also been gathering supplies to launch into party cracker making. I may even open a second etsy store... Gulp! Christmas crackers are an old English tradition but I'm really hoping folks will like my crafty and fun crackers as party or wedding favors too, so watch this space!


How did you get into your craft? 
Ha! Which one? Well generally I think my creativity comes from being a bored, only child, with artistic parents and plenty of raw materials to hand (fabric, boxes, tape, paint etc). Plus in England, where I'm originally from, There was a TV show called Blue Peter which was the kid version of 'Martha Stewart' of the time and I never missed an episode.

Anything else you would like to share?
A few other feathers in my hat include photography, book illustration and graphic design. I used to work for Pepsi and Heineken before we left NY for the sunny south.
Also I have a website www.KariKatzi.com and am on Facebook so look me up and say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment