Saturday, March 1, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Usagianddarien's Custom Shoes and things

My name is Tonya and my Etsy shop is Usagianddarien's Custom Shoes and things.

When did you start your Etsy shop? 
July 2013


What is the story behind your business name?
Well I'm a big Sailor Moon fan and since most of my crafts are television shoe themed i thought I would combine my two favorite characters' names for my shop so Usagi is Sailor Moon's Japanese name and Darien is the guy she loves so Usagianddarien's

What do you sell?
I make custom painted art mostly on shoes, Lately I have had request for sketches so now i also sell my concept art as prints.
 
How did you get into your craft? 
Well I started by making decorations for my kids rooms. I have four kids and they always see to be into shows that are not popular at the time and you can not find things for the show to decorate with. I started painting shoes because I had a friend ask me to make some for her husband for his birthday and they got such great reviews I thought why not try and reach more people!

Anything else you would like to share?
I am a mother of four kids, one of which is autistic. I love all things geeky :) My Facebook page for my shop: www.facebook.com/usagianddarienshoes 

No comments:

Post a Comment