Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Black Sunshine

My name is Amz and my Etsy shop is Black Sunshine.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
Originally Black Sunshine started out as something quite different than it is today, in 2004. I had a small shop on the Isle of Wight selling gothic /alternative clothing. In 2010 I opened my Etsy store to sell my handmade synthetic dread extensions and jewelry, and have been running my solely handmade business since 2011.

What is the story behind your business name?
'Black Sunshine' is the name of one of my favourite songs from the band, White Zombie. 

What do you sell?
I make and sell synthetic dread hair extensions as well as cute and creepy jewellery and hair accessories

How did you get into your craft? 
I have always loved crafting and drawing from an early age, and about 12 years I became obsessed with synthetic dread extensions and often wore then and had multi colour hair. In 2005 I started making my own synthetic hair creations and starting selling them a year or so later locally in my bricks and mortar store. When I opened my Etsy shop I also added jewellery and hair accessories to my range. 

Anything else you would like to share?
A big part of my brand and shop is my blog, where I post about new creations, have articles on dreads and hair related items and feature other crafty sellers. You can check it out at www.blacksunshineiow.blogspot.com.

1 comment: