Friday, May 9, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Lynn Paints

My name is Lynn and my Etsy shop is Lynn Paints.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
February 7, 2011

What is the story behind your business name?
I was at the stage where I needed a name for my artwork (well before etsy). I thought of Lynn Paints but didn't like it. I had to use it as I was in a hurry at this paint. But the name has stuck. People know me by this name now so I can't change it. I rather like it now.

What do you sell?
I sell my artwork, handmade jewelry, sun catchers and vintage treasures.

How did you get into your craft? 
I've been drawing since I was a little girl. I also made bracelets for my friends and dolls clothes. I was just always making things. My mum always encouraged me to be creative which was a big help.

I started selling in my teens to friends. As I got older I improved my techniques and designs and people would come to see my work and buy it.

Later on the National Trust wanted to hire me to do a set of cards for them. But at the time I was very ill so couldn't go ahead with it. I'm so much healthier now and loving every minute working on my etsy shop. I even love the business side of it.







No comments:

Post a Comment