Saturday, May 17, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Watercolored Windows

My name is Marty and my Etsy shop is Watercolored Windows.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
I opened my shop October 2010

What is the story behind your business name?
My favorite painting medium is watercolors; I love the transparent quality of the paint--like a window.

What do you sell?
I sell original paintings, mixed media, and upcycled items like votive holders. I focus on creating art from materials I find in my studio to be as eco-friendly as I can be.

How did you get into your craft? 
I have been working in art all my life. My mother is a crafter, and both my grandmothers were trained in oil painting, so it felt natural to pursue a degree in fine arts. I also have a Master's degree in art therapy, which has deepened my understanding of the connection between self and artistic expression.

Anything else you would like to share?
Even though watercolor is my go-to choice, mixed media is becoming a passion. I love to collect boxes of random objects and see if I can find a relationship between them.







No comments:

Post a Comment