Thursday, May 1, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Rose Manor Gifts and Art

My name is Betty and my Etsy shop is Rose Manor Gifts and Art

When did you start your Etsy shop?
Oct. 31, 2012

What is the story behind your business name?
I wanted to choose a name to reflect the type of items that I create and I decided, after much reflection, that I create mostly gift items and many of those are created from my original photographs and my own hand painting. Thus Rose Manor Gifts and Art was born.

What do you sell?
I sell many different types of designs as I am always thinking of new ideas that I want to try and see if I can "make happen". Art Trays, Handpainted Crystal, Women's Jewelry, Children's Jewelry, Handpainted Hats are a few. One very special design series that I have created, is called "Sentimental Journeys" This collection has over 60 original designs. Each design has been created around a 100-year-old postcard where I fuse the postcard's original art with my own painting. This enhances and enlarges the design as it spills out and over its border. Special frames are chosen to complement each design.

How did you get into your craft? 
I have been crafting about 10 years when I made the first "Sentimental Journeys" design. That is when I started to visual the concept of the collection. Everything else has evolved from there and continues to with new ideas all the time.

Anything else you would like to share?
With my crafts and my Etsy shop, I have discovered and found many things. The most important to me are the joy of creativity and the blessing of new friends found.

1 comment:

  1. A great shop; lovely quality items. I especially like it that the artist will personalize many gifts for you.

    ReplyDelete