Monday, May 19, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Nodoka Visual Arts

My name is Brandon (Nodoka for business) and my Etsy shop is Nodoka Visual Arts.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
September 29, 2013

What is the story behind your business name?
I founded Nodoka Visual Arts on January 10, 2013 when I decided to put a business name to my skills. Nodoka is a Japanese word meaning tranquility, but it also references calm, patience and peace.

All of these traits reflect my personality which is what I wanted to convey through my art to my clients. As such, I embraced the term as my business nickname. Shortly thereafter, I made the logo which is found on all my works.



What do you sell?
Through Etsy, it's solely digital downloads of my works. On deviantART and 500px, I also sell prints since I currently have no personal means to produce my works. I'm currently running a campaign on Crowdtilt to break into professional photography which will help address this issue: tilt.tc/x5AO

How did you get into your craft? 
7 years ago I borrowed my mom's digital camera to capture shots of what I saw the first time I went to San Diego Comic-Con. I enjoyed it a lot since everything I enjoy hobby wise was in that convention: comic books, video games, manga, anime, movies...makes me glad that I'll finally get to go again this upcoming July.

After experiencing that, it helped inspire me to get my own digital camera which I did while I worked at Office Depot. It wouldn't be until I found my true inspiration that my portfolio expanded as much as it has now. More on that can be seen at my website.

Anything else you would like to share?
I just recently started my website a couple months ago. Prior to that, I was establishing my online presence first with deviantART in April 2013, then later Etsy when I found out they offered digital downloads.

Thanks to an Etsy team known as Etsy Meet And Tweet, my Twitter gained lots of followers. I follow back those who follow me.


Most recently, I joined 500px on February 10th of this year. It reminded me of Instagram, but was more focused on actual photography whereas the latter is more mobile based. It would be there that Little Daisies found a huge surge of popularity.











No comments:

Post a Comment