Friday, June 20, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... ACBC Design

My name is Ann and my Etsy shop is ACBC Design.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
March 2013

What is the story behind your business name?
Coming up with a name was one of the hardest parts of starting this business. After many discarded ideas, I decided to go with a mix of mine and my husband’s initials - a sort of nickname we have used to refer to ourselves since we got married.

What do you sell?
I design and illustrate greeting cards, postcards, note cards and prints with a modern, minimalistic aesthetic. I love nature, architecture, typography and fashion - all of which influence my work. I print and hand trim each piece in my home studio here in lovely PortlandOregon.

How did you get into your craft?
I have always loved being creative. As a kid I loved coloring, drawing - anything to do with art. It lead to me attending art school and making my career as a graphic designer. Through the years, I have always had fun making special cards for friends and family. Since I have been working for myself as a freelance designer for the last few years, I decided to build on the fun I have making those cards and build on it. Thus the inspiration for sharing my designs on Etsy was born!

Anything else you would like to share?
I really love creating custom designs for people. Whether it's a special card, personalized for someone's birthday, or creating invitations or announcements. I love working with people to make something unique and special.

No comments:

Post a Comment