Friday, June 13, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Michele's Fused Glassworks


My name is Michele and my Etsy shop is Michele's Fused Glassworks

When did you start your Etsy shop?
Online restarted this past October

What is the story behind your business name?
Combination of my name and what I create by hand.

What do you sell?
Fused Art Glass for Gifts and Home Decor Housewares
Michele's Fused Glassworks ~ "Glass to Use and Amuse". Earthy, environmentally inspired, handcrafted creations from a small town in the Susquehanna Valley of north central Pennsylvania near the foothills of the Endless mountains.

How did you get into your craft? 
Ever since I took my first stained glass course at a local university I was impassioned with designing and creating glass art. Then I saw a colorful Fused Art Glass piece that was shaped like a bowl and I learned all I could to make such items while taking multiple classes in glass fusing. Since then I have made many creations and my style has developed. A big inspiration occurred when my friend was getting married. She liked ferns and I wanted to give her a wedding present using ferns with a personal touch. I made her a sushi set with an impression of a real fern on each plate.

Anything else you would like to share?
Blog site - chelkay.blogspot.com











2 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring my shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! That's a really solid craft you've got there. It's fortunate that you've decided to reopen your shop at quite possibly the most accessible venue and medium right now, namely the world wide web. I'm sure you've got lots of those on standby, ably checked and recorded, and ready for the shipping and the handling. That should be collectively daunting as a task, except if there's a system and bookkeeping mechanism in place. So no worries there! All the best!

    Herman Thompson @ AccountAbility Plus

    ReplyDelete