Thursday, June 12, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Ld Nature Photography

My name is Laura and my Etsy shop is Ld Nature Photography.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
I signed up for Etsy in November of last year but didn't officially open my shop until December, so I’m still pretty new!

What is the story behind your business name?
The story behind my business name is pretty boring! It’s the first letter of my first name (Laura) and the first initial of my last name which starts with a ‘D’. I specialize in nature photography, so that’s where the second part comes from.

What do you sell?
I sell homemade recycled photo cards. The photography on the cards is all done by me. I chose recycled cards because the environment is very important to me, and I feel that we all have a role to play in being as sustainable as we can.

How did you get into your craft? 
As a photographer, I feel lucky to be able to go out into nature and capture all these beautiful subjects. I wanted a way to be able to share the beauty I capture with others, and in turn, they can keep it for themselves or share it with their family/friends. I decided that creating photo cards would be a good option for this because they are cost effective, and a nice small gesture people can do for others. Besides, who doesn't love receiving homemade cards in the mail?

Anything else you would like to share?
I have really enjoyed getting involved with Etsy, and being apart of the community it has. I have met some really great people and discovered some amazing homemade items. I love that the community is so supportive of artists and their local crafts. You don’t find that everywhere you go!














1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing a lot of this good photographs! I am looking forward to bookmark it!
    Nature Photography For Sale

    ReplyDelete