Thursday, February 27, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Frock & Soul Vintage

My name is Juliet and my Etsy shop is Frock & Soul Vintage.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
It opened Dec. 5th 2013 but I didn't officially post anything until Dec. 16th so I count that as the start.

What is the story behind your business name?
I really like puns and names based off things so I took 'Rock 'n' Roll' and turned it into Frock & Soul. I pretty much live in dresses and there is something so poetic about the word 'soul'. I felt the word was also appropriate considering this is a venture I care a lot about.

What do you sell?
I sell vintage clothing, right now just for women but I plan on selling menswear soon. I'd eventually like to sell some crafts as well. I make hair combs out of upcycled materials, I just don't want to bite off more than I can chew right now.

How did you get into your craft? 
I've been thrifting for many years now. It makes me happy for reasons I can't explain. The hunt is exciting and I can spend hours sorting through what others might consider junk. A lot of times I find pieces that are stunning but either don't fit me or aren't in a style/color I normally wear but would like to share with others. I had always thought it would be cool to open a shop online but never got around to actually putting my money where my mouth was. So I took the plunge.

Anything else you would like to share?
Just a shout out to my mannequin Darlene, thanks for always staying trim. Hello to Frances, my fox logo that I illustrated on the computer and put on stamps for my wrapping paper and labels. I hope you all come take a look and enjoy what you see!

No comments:

Post a Comment