Friday, February 28, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Hooked On MOeZ

My name is MOes and my Etsy shop is Hooked On MOeZ.

When did you start your Etsy shop? 
Shop is nearly 5 years old. Feb 5th (the other half of my shops bday) is the big day when we turn 5 on Etsy

What is the story behind your business name?
I started off on here as just MOesCrochet. Moe is a nickname that goes all the way back to middle school for me where me and a group of my friends all had names like this and yes it is spelled that way intentionally although I have to say my husband isn’t so thrilled about it today as he often gets thought of being the Moe of our operation haha where he is just the Z! The Z comes from his nickname back in the days of chat rooms where he went by the name CrazyZ which came from it’s own complicated past… So when he began to help out more and we started putting his caramel into the shop we gave the shop a rename of HookedOnMOeZ as we hope you get hooked to something we do… I choose hooked since it goes back to the fact the shop is originally a crochet shop.

What do you sell?
As I said earlier we started off with just my crochet. Now a days however we sell my crochet, caramel, and some die cuts, for our handmade area, and now we also sell hair bow making supplies including display cards. Our 1st grade son does the die cuts and has his own tiny etsy shop now at 
www.moeskidz.etsy.com, although I still need to put a lot of work into it.

How did you get into your craft? 
My crochet work started off at home with my mom. She was very limited in what she would attempt though. She did basically 2 things. She made shell afghans and edged washcloths… I know these don’t even like match each other in how they are done, but as any other child I got tired of moms basic 2 projects and decided I needed more to my crochet knowledge and learned everything else on my own. She is very proud and jealous that her student has out mastered the teacher lol.

My husband is a cook. He has always been interested in culinary arts. So for him candy making is just a natural thing to do. He however isn’t experimental so this actually works out really well for the baking end of the cooking world as that is all down to a science instead of a creative outlet.

Anything else you would like to share?
We are planning on hitting our 1000th sale in the first quarter of this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment