Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Wraps by Rene'

My name is Rene' Miller and my business is Wraps by Rene'.

My business started out as a personalized candy wrapping business, hence the name "Wraps". I would personalize candy bars and mints for weddings, holidays, baby showers, birthdays, and family reunions. After I started my business in 2003, i immediately started doing craft shows to promote myself and make sales. I've always enjoyed doing crafts and eventually got into polymer clay.

I started making barrettes, sculpting evening gowns and tuxedos onto wine glasses, and now to making jewelry! Everything I make still falls under the catagory of "wrapping", so as to not confuse customers with wraps! LOL!

I still sell personalized candy favors for many occasions, and also include wrapped candy in my shows, but my big sellers are the Steampunk jewelry line. I learned about Steampunk from watching the TV show Oddities and became very fascinated with Steampunk accessories. My challenge with this jewelry line however has been introducing it to the community who have no clue what Steampunk is. Fortunately, they like my work! :)I enjoy making my jewelry and call working with clay my Polymer Therapy, because Calgon didn't do it! :) LOL!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment