Sunday, February 23, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... KP Dreams

My name is Karen and my Etsy shop is KP Dreams.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
2009

What is the story behind your business name?
When the internet first started up I knew it was going to be hot, so I started thinking of names. Kpdreams comes from my desire of dreaming of creation and making living from that creation.

What do you sell?
I am an artist painting with a acrylics, creating signs and artwork on reclaimed slate and wood. I also love the days of old, so I will include a vintage item now and again. Especially if it complements my line of artwork.

How did you get into your craft? 
I started painting when I purchased my home on a popular lake in Ohio. While taking my morning walk, I noted several houses with the same welcome slate sign. My drive for originality kicked in and I took a piece of old slate that my husband brought me from a job site and painted a one of a kind welcome sign; a home portrait personalized with our names. 

Thus began my business of painting and selling as I recieved many requests to paint custom personalized signs for friends and neighbors. That is my niche to this day, whether it be through Etsy or at one of my 30 or so arts and craft shows I do each year throughout the midwest and southern US. Personalizing onsite draws the people in, if for nothing else than to watch me paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment