Sunday, February 9, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Paper Edge

My name is Julián. My business is Paper Edge.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
December 2013... newbie here!


What is the story behind your business name?
I have been folding paper for years. Who did not do a paper airplane in the old days, for example? That passion grew studying Psychology at the University. The world of academia can be very demanding and its rewards may not even compensate for all the hard work and critiques. For example, you send an article to a journal and they will work on making you feel really bad about it. I have been published, but the process takes a toll on one's mind. Well, Origami deletes all of that. Origami, the process of folding paper, really is a kind of therapy. One day I began to teach Origami to kids and then selling what I do (bigger things that I do not sell here on Etsy, but plan to). Well, they started selling, so I kept folding! Now, here I am trying to make something bigger.

What do you sell?
On Etsy, Origami earrings. Here in my country, bigger sculptures and multiple compositions.

Anything else you would like to share?

Right now, I am in the process of publishing an Origami book for all levels. It is based on the process of metamorphosis, how one process in folding can create multiple compositions! Pretty busy, since I am now studying for my PhD and still promoting a recent book on Taoism and Psychology, which was a Finalist at the 2013 Next Generation Indie Book Awards!





No comments:

Post a Comment