Monday, February 3, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Feminine Genius

My name is Monica, my shop is Feminine Genius, and I opened it July 1, 2013. 

A lot of people ask me (or josh me) about my shop name "Feminine Genius"... wellll... 

It doesn't refer to me being a genius unfortunately ;) 
This phrase is a delightful description of the essence and dignity of womanhood ! It recognizes and celebrates the sensitivity.. faith.. intuitiveness.. generosity.. mystery.. vibrance.. fidelity.. insight.. inspiration.. hope.. love and inner peace, that IS every woman. My handmade jewelry strives to reflect and celebrate these qualities in everyone who wears and shares it. 

I blame my bead addiction on my Gramma! She used to have a huuuuge collection of Indian style beaded earrings and as an 11 year old, I wanted so badly to make those! She got me started with my first two bottles of tiny seed beads and the inspiration to create! Eventually, she became my #1 bead-buddy and partner in crime, as well as my confidant and life touchstone. I have so many precious memories of sitting with her at the kitchen table, chatting, making jewelry, drinking coffee and just living life. My shop is dedicated to her!






No comments:

Post a Comment