Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... El and Eja

My name is Zacha and my Etsy shop is El and Eja.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
Opened this shop in June 2013 but this has been a work in progress for years.

What is the story behind your business name?
Spent too much time thinking about a name, and one night thinking about it with my husband I said "ElandElla" which is "Him and Her" in spanish and just played on the spelling.

What do you sell?
I sell bags, scarves and accessories. I like the idea of making something you could use everyday, that will be functional and unique.

How did you get into your craft? 
I've always wanted to sew, always taken art courses of some kind but finally wanted to sew. Playing around with cute accessory ideas for my daughter, I wanted to continue exploring. I had a shop here before selling vintage, which I repurposed and then closed that down. This time around I feel more confident in running a small business and a little more fearless with exploring my own ideas. I love playing with color combinations, and exploring options with paints, dyes and textiles.







No comments:

Post a Comment