Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Musing Tree Studios

My name is Tamara and my Etsy shop is Musing Tree Studios.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
I started it back in February, but I didn't really *start* it until October of 2013.

What is the story behind your business name?
I lived on the edge of the national forest. I love hiking and just being a part of nature in general. It seemed fitting to name my store something to do with trees. 

What do you sell?
I sell handmade jewelry that is mostly made with unconventional materials such as vintage tins, leather, shell, recycled plastic, etc. Most of my jewelry has a bohemian or zen feel to it. 

How did you get into your craft? 
I have been an artist my whole life, but I have always wanted to create something that one could use. I've tinkered with jewelry here and there. I never quite got to the point where I made anything that I would wear myself. 

I used to run a vintage store here on Etsy. One day I was out on an inventory hunt when my husband and I came across an impromptu estate sale. There was a HUGE pile of vintage tin sitting in the driveway. I had to have them all. So we paid for the lot and hauled them all home. 

There were literally dozens and I had no idea what I was going to do with them all. Eventually I realized I could make jewelry out of them and my craft was born. It took a long while to perfect the process, but I finally got to the point where I could make jewelry I wanted to keep.

Anything else you would like to share?
I really like sushi and guacamole! Hehe.





No comments:

Post a Comment