Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Wrigley Sparkles Vintage


My name is Meagan and my Etsy shop is Wrigley Sparkles Vintage.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
Technically I opened in 2010 but I didn't actually start my shop until November of 2013.

What is the story behind your business name?
My business is named after our 95 lb dog, who came to us with the name Wrigley already. My then 5 year old was very upset that she wasn't going to get to name him so we let her pick his middle name. And as any 5 year old girl would do she decided on Sparkles so with that our huge male dog is named Wrigley Sparkles. I feel like it is the right mix of hard and soft kind of like the vintage items we sell.

What do you sell?
We sell vintage items, mainly art deco-mid century items. I really try to sell items that not only would I love to have in my own home but that are also unique.

How did you get into your craft? 
I have been collecting vintage items for years and everyone is always asking me to unearth some particular treasure so I thought I would set up my own shop and share my passion with others.

Anything else you would like to share?
Vintage is really great because not only is it unique but it is often better made and is much more sustainable then buying new. I love when people walk into my home and just love some vintage find I just hung on the wall. There is something special about adding something with its own history to your home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment