Thursday, February 6, 2014

Today's featured Etsy shop... Made by Monica J.

My name is Monica and my Etsy shop is Made by Monica J.

When did you start your Etsy shop?
April 2013

What is the story behind your business name?
My name is Monica and MadebyMonica.com was already taken so I added the J for Jones which is my maiden name.

What do you sell?
Beach Wall Art. The background is woven hand painted paper on which starfish & sand dollars are applied. Some starfish are wire wrapped with beads. It's all displayed in a shadow box. Some frames are painted with coordinating colors or with a textured stone finish.

How did you get into your craft? 
I've been painting, sewing, and crafting my whole life. This particular style started because a girl friend of mine bought a beach house in Ocean CityMaryland. I made one as a house warming gift. I loved making it so much and I had so many ideas for different ones that I decided to start a business. I absolutely love when people tell me how beautiful they are and how they've never seen anything like it.






No comments:

Post a Comment